Nghĩa của từ skirmish bằng Tiếng Anh
Đặt câu với từ "skirmish"
1. This skirmish sparked a major battle.
2. The skirmish grew into a major battle.
3. Everybody but Toby enters into this skirmish.
4. He was killed in a border skirmish.
5. A minor skirmish ensued as people fought over supplies.
6. A conventional skirmish would escalate into a nuclear exchange.
7. Conrad himself was wounded in a skirmish with them.
8. My first skirmish was like hunting with my friends.
9. The skirmish between the Palestine liberation organization and Israel.
10. The drug war is a skirmish, the leftist gangs an irritant.
11. They meet the enemy in a fire fight, a fair skirmish.
12. Bates was sent off after a skirmish with the referee.
13. The young soldier was killed in a skirmish with government troops.
14. Mobile has three game modes: adventure, skirmish and multiplayer.
15. He was shot in a skirmish with the enemy.
16. They were involved in a skirmish with rival fans.
17. Guatemala was the first skirmish of the cold war in Latin America.
18. Three men died in a skirmish with armored personnel carriers.
19. Government soldiers ran into a group of rebels, and a skirmish followed.
20. They waged a battle, and we waged a skirmish, and they won.
21. When I got to the Sullivan place, there had already been a skirmish.
22. There had been a skirmish in the half light of dawn.
23. My first little skirmish took place over a film,[Sentencedict.com] one about rape.
24. This one I trussed up during a skirmish we had in Poitiers.
25. He had finished fourth in the opening race after a skirmish with Aussie Anthony Gobert.
26. He talks of regrouping like a colonel after a skirmish at Yellow Tavern.
27. A day before the event in Niagara Falls, Semaphore lost a last-ditch skirmish in court.
28. This was the first tiny skirmish in what was to be a major battle.
29. In the ensuing skirmish, bullets struck Richard Baxter's door and windows until midnight when the fighting stopped.
30. Its skirmish with the regulators, however, is just one of the Board of Trade's problems these days.
31. There was a short skirmish between the political party leaders when the government announced it was to raise taxes.
32. Not a bad game in the circumstances but just a preliminary skirmish in World Cup terms.
33. He did not hesitate to skirmish with the Confederates now, for his position was a strong one.
34. But now they’ve switched sides, and the issue of what you can wear causes one skirmish after another.
35. They might well prevail in any skirmish with the local forces, but in the circumstances that would be of little profit.
36. The first skirmish of the New Zealand Wars was the 1843 Wairau Affray at the north end of the South Island.
37. The North Korean ship was seriously damaged in the skirmish while the South Korean ship was unscathed, a Joint Chiefs of Staff officer said.
38. One group of Numidians met a group of Roman and Gallic cavalry while scouting and retreated after a brief skirmish.
39. On 10 November 2009, the waters near the island were the scene of a skirmish between the South Korean and North Korean navies.
40. Not being used to such a collectivist set-up, Apple refused to pay up, which triggered the first big legal skirmish over smart-phones.
41. But what began in May 1998 as a skirmish over a remote stretch of border exposed a deep reservoir of bitterness.
42. Rival fans were involved in a skirmish in Kilburn High Road when windows and the interior of a pub were damaged.
43. A contingent of Spanish troops, having fought a skirmish with the Americans near Siboney on June 23, had retired to their lightly entrenched positions at Las Guasimas.
44. A badly damaged North Korean patrol ship retreated in flames yesterday after a skirmish with a South Korean vessel – the first naval clash between the two nations in seven years.
45. The skirmish is thought to be the first exchange of fire between a passenger vessel and attackers since the start of the current wave of piracy off the Horn of Africa.
46. 30 With Baidu assured of nothing from the government, and Google fading from view, Baidu is now fighting Alibaba and Tencent in a three-way skirmish to be China's preeminent Internet company.
47. 11 The skirmish is thought to be the first exchange of fire between a passenger vessel and attackers since the start of the current wave of piracy off the Horn of Africa.
48. 14 For us it was a war...for them it was a border skirmish...the problem nowadays is that we constantly get high on the patriotic jingoism created by our beloved media that we barely realize our weaknesses.
49. First skirmish at Rock Island Rapids, Missouri Territory (July 21, 1814): An attack by a band of Sauk warriors allied with the British, which forced an American party of five boats carrying supplies up the Mississippi River to Fort Shelby to retreat back down the river.