Nghĩa của từ witticism|witticisms bằng Tiếng Anh
[wit·ti·cism || 'wɪtɪsɪzəm]
clever or witty remark
Đặt câu với từ "witticism|witticisms"
1. His witticisms souped up the talks.
2. Both doctor and Don smiled at this witticism.
3. His witticism was as sharp as a marble.
4. He tries to lighten his lectures with an occasional witticism.
5. He thought his witticisms were amusing but found her response too extravagant.
6. A few of its witticisms are unnecessarily provocative and should be censored.
7. Witticisms, maxims, dicta, proverbs, and aphorisms each inhabit a different world.
8. At Sketch-Club meetings his witticisms were regarded as part of the fun.
9. Once in a while, after witticism, he would look down, and his eyes would meet hers.
10. All jests aside, we're in big trouble. A witticism is a witty, usually cleverly phrased remark.
11. The letter was peppered with the usual mix of witticisms, hard - core investment advice and folksy wisdom.
12. 8 The pace of television favours simplifications, generalised statements, witticisms, and short sharp judgements on artists' performances.
13. His literary style was plain and factual, without witticisms or flourishes, and his character seems similar.
14. She could never think of a clever retort to counter Ben's string of jokes and witticisms.
15. The pace of television favours simplifications, generalised statements, witticisms, and short sharp judgements on artists' performances.
16. I smiled obediently at this never-before-heard witticism, and followed him to a tank of Koi.
17. These are ways of saying something - metaphors, witticisms, allocutions, etc. - which are appropriate in one or another sphere of associative life.
18. His literary diction would give food for merriment to our elders behind his back, some of his high-flown phrases finding a permanent place in our family repertoire of witticisms.